Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Scenes from A Christmas Carol


It was a rare gift to share the stage with Ben during A Christmas Carol, which ran for a total of 8 performances over the last couple of weeks.  The show was seen by over 3,000 people, all of whom were blown away by Ben's portrayal of the Ghost of Christmas Past.  Here are a few photos (by Greg Halinda), to give you a sense of the show.


















I watched the 1951 movie version of A Christmas Carol the other night, and found myself incredibly moved by the performance of Alastair Sim.  I saw that we made similar choices in our portrayals of Ebenezer Scrooge, small things that made me believe that I might have done Mr. Dickens justice.  I know Sir Charles would have been proud of Ben's choices; I certainly was.


While we performed at Keyano Theatre, Dylan was up at Westwood doing an amazing job in A Midsummer Night's Dream.  I don't have a vast collection of images from that production, but here are two collages that will give you a sense of what a great production it turned out to be.



On the closing day of our show - we had two performances; one in the afternoon and one in the evening - I was inspired to paint a self-portrait as Mr. Scrooge.  I started at about 8 am and finished up around 11 am, which allowed me to get the cast and crew to add words, phrases and lines from the play that meant something to them.  The original will be going to the director of the show, Jacqueline Russell from Calgary, and prints will be made and given to everyone involved.


We are blessed to be living creative lives, all of us, each in our own way. We are grateful for Heather who supports our late nights and many weekends away from the house rehearsing and performing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment